Monday, August 4, 2008

Outreach Update #2

Hello friends and family!
i hope you are all doing well. i am in Misiones right now. i´m in a
little town called Garuhape. this past week we were in another town
about 10 minutes away called Puerto Rico. it was incredible to see the
love and generousity flow through the people there.
we had services at the church every night of the week, which were
really great! Saturday and Sunday, there was a pastor from Brazil who
came and spoke. totaly powerful!!! really cool to hear someone speak
in portuegese as well!
i had the priveledges of sharing twice this week in the ¨celulas¨
(kind of like small groups, but more for evangelism purposes). the
first one i spoke about evangelism, and the second i spoke about God
being a personal god. they both went really well. i have not had a
translator at all, so i have really been learning a ton in Spanish!
God has been working in me soooo much. i am learning to open up and
share who i am, why i´m here and what God has and is continually doing
in my life. i am learning to put names to my enemies: loniness,
tiredness, self-deceit, passivity, apathy, etc.
my leader is really helping me, she gives me practical things to do in
defeating my enemies. so i have written a on a sheet of paper, that
every day i repeat: today i choice to walk in contrary to my enemies.¨
it is really helping!

please continue to pray that the Lord really guides and protects us.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Good to hear your conquering things in God! PTL! Can't wait to have you home... before I leave! :)

Love and hugs sis!

heidi said...

i'm proud of you, pretty girl!

Paige said...

I miss you SO MUCH! I really do. I really really do.