Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Building a dream…

This dream that God has me building is getting me very excited! I keep getting new ideas and planning crazy things! I guess if I’m gonna dream, I’ll dream big when nothing is impossible for God!
I was praying awhile back and really wanting God to speak to me about the daycare. I was praying for a name, for a location, for anything. I really just wanted confirmation that something this crazy was actually possible. I had my Bible there on my lap and said “God I want you to speak, guide me in your word.” And I ended up in 1st Chronicles 17. He spoke to me throughout the entire chapter, but here are some key verses that stuck out to me:
Verse 2: “…Whatever you have in mind, do it, for God is with you.”

Verse 10b: “I declare to you that the Lord will build a house for you.”

Verse 23-27 “And now, Lord, let the promise you have made concerning your servant and his house be established forever. Do as you promised, so that it will be established and that your name will be great forever. Then men will say, “The Lord Almighty, the God over Israel, is Israel’s God! And the house of your servant David will be established before you. You, my God, have revealed to your servant that you will build a house for him. So your servant has found courage to pray to you. Oh Lord, you are my God! You have promised these good things to your servant. Now you have been pleased to bless the house of your servant, that it may continue forever in your sight, for you O Lord, have blessed it, and it will be blessed forever.”

Wow! I was surprised at what God was speaking to me; He didn’t want me to find a house, but rather to build a house. I am still praying for a name, but now that I know that I will be building a house, I have an idea of where I would like to do it!

Please join me as I build this dream into a reality!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

LOVE it! I hope I get to visit it someday!

Praying for you... healing and wisdom in regards to your knee, and provision to make this amazing dream a reality. Love you, Carissa!!!

Laurel said...

So excited to watch God bring your dream into reality.

love you LOTS!

mama :)