Saturday, March 1, 2008

Product of Peace

Many thoughts cross my mind as i prepare for YWAM. What will it be like? How many people will be at the school? Will it be hard?...But the question that has come into my mind that most is: Am i going to have enough money to even get there?

People kept telling me that i shouldn't worry. if it God's will, He'll pay the bill.
i knew that in my head, but it wasn't really settling in my heart. i kept worrying about, but i knew i couldn't get more hours at my job because i have school. It kept getting to me. if i don't have the money, then i can't go and if there is no way to make more money...than how am i going to be able to get there?
One week at church, our pastor was talking about money and what we should be doing with it. He talked about how we need to let go of ownership of our money and really give it to God. I felt very convicted, so i decided to go up and receive prayer at the end of the service. Pastor Steve prayed over me and spoke some great things into my life! i felt God's presence there, telling me that it was going to be alright, i have nothing to worry about. Peace began to settle in my heart. Since then, i have felt completely different about my money and i know that God will provide...in any circumstance.

Today i got a letter in the mail from some very good friends in Oregon. They sent me a note telling me that they would be praying for me as i head to Argentina. Enclosed was a check...for $500!!!!!! yes. FIVE-HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!! i was in soooo much shock i just sat there and laughed!!! God has a way of blessing us so much, all we can do is laugh and look back and think about how silly we were for ever doubting God's faithfulness to provide our every need.
i now know that God heard my cry...even with a lack of faith. He is faithful and just to carry out His work until completion!!!!

I am holding on to that peace knowing that God is with me wherever i go...even in Argentina, He'll be with me!

May God bring peace to calm the stresses of your life now and always!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Praising Jesus with you!!!! -lou

Laurel said...

cariss, has God called you to go? If he has, then you need to be obedient and go. Do the planning, saving, prep. work. Then set your eyes on Jesus, not things of this world. Not on man's ways put on God's. He's the rancher of the cows on a thousand hills, (dad's bad version) yet he knows you're personal needs right down to the last penny. Let it go, it's not your's to worry about. Hope to see you soon..
be careful when you hug mom, she has a bad sunburn.
love ya papa