Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Future Awaits




So, as some of you may know, i burned my hand at work the other day.(Sunday)
For those of you who don't know, i was steaming milk (i work at Starbucks in Safeway) the pitcher was a bit full to begin with so when the woman ordering informed me she wanted it extra hot, i thought "okay, that's not hard, just keep it from over flowing."
well, i looked away just for a split second and when i looked back, my hand was covered in 200 degree steamed milk! i was in so much shock that i didn't shot the machine right away and it continued to burn me. i also didn't want to just drop the pitcher of milk, i tried to turn off the machine, and then set the milk down, and then try and cool my hand down. at this point, my hand was completely red and it stayed that way for about 2 hours. i stuck my hand under cold water for awhile, but then had to continue helping customers, so the cooling didn't last long. I continued working for another 4 hours until my shift ended. my hand was in a ton of pain, but didn't look terribly bad. i then kept it in a cup of cold water for awhile, but that didn't help much, it was still very red. i could see the beginning stages of a blister forming, but thought that since it had been in cold water it would be okay and wouldn't be that bad, well after two days, the pain i gone , except when i write or type for more than a couple minutes. yes, my hand is hurting while i type this. i now have two blisters and the start of a third one. the redness is gone in some areas, but remains on my fingers around the blisters. Doing homework the last couple of days has been a bit of a challenge...along with taking 2 tests and writing 2 papers.
I am doing well besides that. and it's not all that bad. i am alive and well. God will take care of my hand in His timing.

All i can say is, i am sure glad that i know that i am going to Heaven. After getting these burns i have thought about Hell and what it must be like there, surrounded by fire, but stuck in darkness; burning continually without ease. Wow! how terrible would that be. i know many people who have been burned, but to be in Hell, i cannot even begin to imagine the torture for eternity, forever, without end, FOREVER!!!!
I am thankful that i have saved by the blood of the Lamb!!! Praise God for His great love and mercy on us!!!

My title to this post may seem odd, but really, we do not know what the future holds. i was not expecting to get burned at work, but it happened. God is the one in control and the best thing we can do is put our life in His hands and sit back and see what He does! It's our choice, will we choose to run our own lives, or will we allow God to take control and and do what He longs to do in and through our lives?

It's your choice...the future awaits...

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hey you!
Make sure you put something on those blisters! I know, I keep telling you that :)
I loved the visit last night. Thanks for coming by!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your figures... may the Lord of Hosts cool them down!

Sad to say that there will be people in Hell a place of wack torment...

You should check out this website:
www.GodTube.com
Look at: A letter From Hell.

It's great message and it's challenging...Take care

Sebastian

Psalm 56

Cassie said...

hey love bug...
i love this blog... i could hear you reading it to me!!!

i miss you most, and i don't like the thought of you being 5,000,000,000 miles away.... good to know Jesus will be with you there... and you'll come back more grown up then ever and amazinger!!!

love ya... oh and i know amazinger is not at all a word!