Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Savior, My Lover

So...i thought that i should update, since it's been a little while and people are wondering when i am going to post again (i love you Linda N.)

So, this post is about my Savior, my lover.
In the last several months, God has been teaching me many things. One of those things is that I have been hearing His voice more! It's amazing what God does when you begin to spend more and more time with Him! I have found that i feel closest to God, when i am singing, listening to music, or playing the piano. I have begun to feel and even become more in love with God! I don't know what i would do without music, it's my inspiration...along with God Himself! I would have to be honest though, i spend so much more time in prayer and worship then i do in the Word, which bugs me a bit. Although, thanks to my amazing friend, Jen, i have been getting in the Word more and we have been meeting weekly to discuss our reading times, which has helped a ton!

Thank you to all the friends who are praying for me and encouraging me to pursue my lover more! (you know who you are!)

I don't have a whole lot more to say except that i am so excited to see what God does in the GLORIOUS future He has for me! :)

Some verses i like about love:

Romans 12:9 "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good."

Romans 13:10 "Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."

1 Corinthians 13:4 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth, It always protects, always trusts, alway hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

1 comment:

Linda said...

Carissa,
I really have enjoyed getting to know you, and our talks too! It is great to hear you talk about your love for God - thats what it is all about. I love you too sweetie!!
Linda N :)