Thursday, February 21, 2008

To Taste His Goodness

So i have found myself more and more in love with my savior.
But, then there is that desire in every girls heart to not only be pursued by her Heavenly Father, but to be pursued by her prince charming.
I was talking to my mom a few days ago and we were talking about my future and the thought of a husband down the road. I long for that day when it's official: I'm a wife!
And oh how i am so very excited to be a mom one day. But, as i was talking to my mom, she said that i need to be completely content being single before i can even think about finding a life long husband and forever friend.
I really thought about it and then told my mom when i came to this conclusion:

-I would be more content spending eternity in Heaven with God than being married here on earth.

-Sometimes i look at my future and wonder what i will be doing in 5, 10, 20 years, and sometimes, strangely enough, i never really think about my spouse being there with me. It's just me and God.

Not to say that i will never get married or have no desire, but i am falling more and more in love with God that i know He will bring someone along at just the right moment and i am not really worried about it!

A couple days after talking to my mom, i was talking to a friend of mine and she was asking how things are going and if there was anything new and exciting in my life. i then shared with her how i have felt so much closer to God even in the last few weeks. I said that i was beginning to see Him in everything: the bird flying by, i saw God's hand guiding it through the wind; the tall grass swaying in the wind, God's breath breathing life and the sunshine throughout the day, God's beauty radiating for all to see! At church i felt His presence next to me as i sang loudly to Him in praise of all the magnificent things that He has done for me. I heard His voice speaking to my heart as i sat intently listening to the message.
My friend told me that although many people are Christians and want to pursue God, there are few that actually allow God to take complete control of their lives to the point that they can taste Him. She told me that i was one of those people who had been truly tasting the goodness of God. I am really beginning to understand the deeper things of God, i am not done, the journey has only just begun.
I long for the day that i stand face to face with the Creator of all the universe, the God who chose His son to die on the Cross for my sins, the God who knows how many hairs are on my head, the God who knit me together in my mother's womb, the God who i have fallen in love with.

Psalm 34:8
"Oh Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him."

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

So good to see God at work in your life! Love you sis, Lou <><

David said...

This is a great post. Love the thing about being content with being single first and then going on in your life.

faithfulfollower said...

Thats Awesome! May God bless you. Thats awesome that you are willing to be content!