Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Struggles...


It has been about six months since my family and I started on this adoption journey. When we first started, we were told it would be about 4-5 months before they would be here. That meant that they should have been here near the end of November. Well...it is now the end of January and they have not arrived. It has been hard on all of us, but especially hard on me due to the fact that i am leaving for Argentina the first week of April. Yesterday was really hard... my mom and i were talking about their (my mom and dad) travel plans and when they would be leaving for Africa (probably the 3rd or 4th of Feb.), i began crying as i came to the realization that i will probably only know Jacob, Sarah, and Rachel for about one month before i go. It doesn't make any sense to any of us, but we are all trying to see the good in this and know that God has a plan. Sometimes I wonder if this is really what He wanted. I have learned that there is the Will of God: which to me means , the things that He has ordained in advance before the Creation of the world. And there is the things that God allows to happen due to choices that people make. Some of the things that have happened over the last few months have been really discouraging and disappointing. The choices people make have been questionable and sometimes just ridiculous. But, we will keep pressing into God through prayer knowing that He hears each word.

keep it real. -Carissa

2 comments:

Ex Futura Enfermera said...

You write really beautiful, is very interesting what you say. I thing that to having the posivility of adopting is very exciting, you're family is lucky. To adpot is my dream too for serving god, because that's something very important for that kids' life, you can save their lifes.
I wich you the best, im sorry for my english !!!

Cassie said...

love love love you sissy. YOur heart is BEAUTIFUL!