Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Only Four More Days!




My mom and dad leave for Ghana, Africa in only four more days! we are all so very excited! They will be going to Seattle and staying the night before taking off on Sunday morning headed for Africa!!!
Today was very exciting! We were able to video conference with Jacob, Sarah and Rachel on the computer!!! It was SO great to be able to see them and talk to them and we even carried the laptop around the house showing them their bedrooms, their toys, their snow outfits, and the snow! They are very excited to come and live here in Washington with us! i can't wait to hold them in my arms!

Things you could pray for:
1. Safe travels to and from Ghana. And they will be traveling to the North part of the country while in Ghana, so pray for safety on that trip as well.
2. Financial blessing: food while they are there in Accra, transportation, and any other expenses that they might encounter
3. Good bonding between the kids and my parents (I'm not too worried, they're really excited to meet us all.)
4.The Diacogiannis household while mom and dad are gone.(it's gonna be crazy!)

oh...and if you haven't noticed, we're all SUPER excited to meet our new family members!!!!

thanks for your prayers, Carissa

1 comment:

Dana Lohrer said...

Hey Carissa! I thought since you know me I could leave a comment to you about the amazing trip your parents are about to take! I have been reading your mom's posts for quite some time! I LOVE all of them! I began to cry when I read the one about you all getting to ichat with your new siblings! So heartwarming! We play blessings over your parents and the rest of the family while they are gone! What an awesome God we serve! I enjoy reading your posts as well, and will continue to read as you take new journeys yourself! Many Blessings!