Friday, September 12, 2008

Completed Promises


Just over a year ago as i was praying about coming to Argentina, i was in church one night and received a vision from God. In this vision God showed me that a little girl and i were dancing. i asked God what this meant, and who the little girl is. He told me that i would find her in Argentina and that i needed to show her His love.
After arriving in Argentina, i continued to pray that the Holy Spirit would allow our paths to cross and that i would know for sure it was her. God then told me that i would find her on my outreach. I continued praying for her and began to sense that this girl needed someone to look up to. Even before meeting her, i felt a burden for the lack of relationship between her and her parents. With this revelation i felt more at peace that i would know who she would be when i meet her.

We left for outreach and i was still faithfully praying for this girl who needed the love of God. I asked fervently that the Holy Spirit would guide me, and as the weeks turned into months, i felt i needed to press deeper into God and His Word. The last week of the outreach arrived and i had not yet met her. i began praying and believing in faith that this promise would come to pass, that i had heard the voice of God, that there really was a girl who needed God's love. The second day we were in Santiago del Estero, we were working in the church getting ready for an event later in the week. A young girl walked in to the church as if it were her home. she looked so comfortable and at ease with the people from the church. i didn't really think anything of her... but then i felt like i should be ready, because the girl from my vision could come at any moment.

She walked around for awhile as we finished doing things, and then, as if i was the only person in the building, she walked straight up to me and said "Hi, I'm Paola, what's your name?" i told her my name and then she just kept talking. one of the first things she told me was that her parents are separated, her dad is living in another province, her mom doesn't like church, travels a lot and smokes, she lives with her Grandma and her mom (when she isn't away). I felt a tug on my heart, this is it, the little girl in my vision was now standing right in front of me! it was incredible, i began talking, not wanting to lose a second of time to tell her about God. she goes to the church, but i began telling her more about Jesus, the personal relationship we can have, and how we should strife to be more like God. it was so wonderful to be able to feel the presence of God so heavily upon me! i told the rest of my team that night and for the rest of the time there, i was spending time playing ping-pong, drawing pictures, and talking about God with Paola!
It was a wonderful privilege to be apart of something so simple, yet so rewarding!

Over and over again, i am reminded of the faithfulness of God. He has done so many great things in my life, i am in awe of the love He has shown to me and allowed me to show to others!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow! Beautiful pictures and story! I am so glad that the LORD worked in this way in your life, sis!

LOVE and miss you!!!!

Vicky said...

That is an amazing story Carissa! Thanks for sharing it :)