Friday, September 12, 2008

Ramblings about "everything" and what that means to me

So i am laying here listening to my music when i felt inspired to write...
the song i am listening to is called "Everything" it's by Lifehouse.
during my outreach we performed a drama done to this song, it's incredibly powerful, i still get the chills every time i listen to the song.

"Find me here
Speak to me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That is leading me
To the place where
I find peace again

You are the strength
That keeps me walking
You are the hope
That keeps me trusting
You are the life to my soul
You are my purpose
You are everything
And how can I
Stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me

How could it be
Any better than this
You calm the storms
You give me rest
You hold me in your hands
You won't let me fall
You still my heart
And you take my breath away
Would you take me in
Would you take me deeper now
'Cause you're all I want
You are all I need
You are everything
Everything"

[these lyrics are found on http://www.songlyrics.com]

it just made me think how many Christians are really giving God their everything, how much time do we actually spend in fellowship with God? Do we really trust Him to give us strength, provide for our every need? Do we allow Him to calm our storms, hold our hands when we fall? i believe that we need to stop singing songs just because that's what good, little Christians do; but rather we need to live extreme lives, shouting praises to our Savior, our Redeemer, our Lover, our Everything, if that is what He is to us. I heard it said recently that a person who studies one subject for one hour a day for a whole year will be the most knowledgeable person in the world in that subject. It made me wonder how much more we would know about God if we even started with 1/2 an hour a day? How much deeper and secure would our friendship with God be? I'm sure that with this time spent, we would not only have this knowledge but God would give us incredible revelation. We cannot apply something to our lives if we have not received revelation about it, so what good is it to obtain such great knowledge but then not have the ability to apply to our lives for lack of revelation? So next time you read the Bible, don't just read to gain knowledge, but seek God for revelation to guide you in your own life, that's what the Bible's for= receiving and sharing!

well...that's my ramblings for the moment, i hope i have encouraged you to seek more revelation and let God be your everything.